How to Use/Wash Cloth Nappies
How to Wash Modern Cloth Nappies
Hot tip – wash 2-3 times before using to get better absorbency
- Flush the soiled liner.
- Rinse any liners and place in a nappy bucket.
- Rinse the nappy and place in nappy bucket.
- Wash within 2 days.
- Soaking is not recommended. Soaking agents can damage the waterproof coating.
- Do not wash in hot or warm water as this can damage the waterproof coating.
- Do not soak or wash the nappy in nappy san as this can affect the water proof lining you can however soak the reusable insert in nappy san just not the nappy part
- However soaking of the bamboo inserts would be okay in napisan but not bleach.
- Machine rinse before washing in cold water using ½ strength detergent on a full load.
- Line drying is best. The sun's UV rays kill bacteria and fade stains. Best of all: it's FREE.
- Don’t dry in hot or warm dryer, use cold when tumble drying.
- Do a full cold wash cycle with no detergents.
Next mix a tablespoon of dishwashing liquid into a sink full of cold tap water.
- Cheap dishwashing detergent without moisturizers or conditioners are the best.
- Gently massage the detergent into the inner lining of each nappy.
- Do another full cold wash cycle with no detergents.
- A deep clean every couple of months will maintain absorbency.